Some WordPress statistics…
- WordPress 3.5 has been downloaded over 17 million times, making that an average figure of 105,263 downloads per day.
- 17% of all websites run on WordPress in 2012. That’s almost 62,000,000 sites. Check out more stats on WordPress.com.
- Indonesians are the most prolific WordPress users on the planet. WordPress.org is the 8th most popular website in Indonesia. By contrast, it’s the 21st most popular in the United States, and 18th in the United Kingdom.
- WordPress holds 48% of the market share for Content Management Systems. Over half of all webmasters using any kind of CMS have chosen WordPress. Joomla, the closest competitor to WordPress in terms of popularity, holds just 9.2% of the CMS market. Drupal sits in third place with 6.7%.
- WordPress has been translated and localized into at least 73 different languages [Including Armenian]. This has been achieved entirely on a volunteer basis, by passionate WordPress users in all parts of the world.
- There are 19,017 plugins freely available in the WordPress Plugin Directory. Altogether, these plugins have been downloaded over 285,000,000 times, or nearly one download for every citizen of the United States.
- Over 20,000 people make their living with WordPress. Developers, designers, consultants, bloggers and countless other professionals use their WP skills to put bread on the table.
- Speaking of which, WordPress skills are in higher demand than ever. According to the latest Online Employment Report at Elance.com, WordPress programmers rank second place on a list of the 100 most sought-after freelance professionals. Generic PHP programmers rank first.
WordPress Usage By Country
Usage by Content Management System
This post is also available in: Armenian